Author Day, Book Readings & Young Writers Workshops with Etan Boritzer
Bring best-selling Children’s book author ETAN BORITZER to your school for “Author Day” to read with students from his popular books on character education, and to lead his professional” Young writers Workshop!”
PROGRAMS FOR GRADES K-6
- Book Reading Approximately 40 minutes long
- Character Issues Bullying, Respect, Diversity, choices, Nonviolence, Responsibility
- Discussion Author led dialogue with students on issues in the books
- Critical Thinking Skills Students’ own cognitive abilities are stimulated
- Literacy The importance of reading and writing is promoted
- Careers In Writing Author inspired insights into real life writing job opportunities
- Young Writers Workshop (for older grades) Approximately 60 minutes
- Writing Tools Students get important tools directly from a professional writer
- Essay Writing Students write, read aloud, and comment on their essays
- Classroom Education Writing projects from the workshop continued in class
How to Use Books to Discuss Difficult Subjects with Children!
Adult presentation for staff and parents after school, approximately 60 minutes long. Etan has been featured speaker on this topic at the Annual Montessori Schools Conference in Washington DC, The University of california Los Angeles (UCLA), College of The Canyons (CA), and other early childhood educational institutions.
SCHOOL BOOK FAIRS
We can set up a small book fair at your school for author book signings. Pre-Order forms can be provided for students, parents,and teachers to take home prior to the assembly. A portion of book sales are returned to the school or PTO.
Please enquire for Etan’s reasonable half-day or full day “Author Day” rate at your school.